Monday, April 28, 2014

Cara's Quilt Journey

And so it begins!  The first of the #quiltjourney tops to arrive at my home was Cara's (@meamom).  In truth, I did HER quilt top before I even started my own!  That's because I was really inspired by her pattern choice: she opted to do a really cool friendship bracelet style- you know those ones we used to make out of embroidery thread as kids?  So we each pick a bracelet style to make, and they will all be added together in rows to make a quilt top.   How great is that??

Using the colours that she had indicated in her journal, I got right to work.  And here is what I came up with!


I used patchwork for the colours to add more texture and to simulate the "knots".  Then I did sashing in an Alison Glass text print to make it all pop.


Cute braided bracelet ends :)


And here it is with Cara's start.  I did not attach them together as I think it best to have a bunch made and then arrange them how they look best!

(I was too lazy to iron!)

I love the theme of this quilt and am sure the final result will be both stunning and special!  Thanks for entrusting me with it, Cara!

3 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

What a great idea to use friendship bracelets! The colours are gorgeous too!!!
It will be a wonderful quilt!
Esther

Katy Cameron said...

Love this idea, and great way to replicate the patterns :o)

Shay said...

Absolutely love the idea of this quilt. It's going to be amazing!