Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekender jewelry pouch (on a Monday)

When Kaelin asked me to test her latest pattern, the Weekender Jewelry Pouch,  I jumped at the chance.  As usual, it is perfectly written and did not require a single modification, anyhow!  A great alternative to the millions of other pouches out there, this is a super cute girly way to carry your favorite accessories on holiday!


Not only stylish, it is very practical, with little compartments along the side to separate your pieces and keep them from getting tangled or scratched, and room for bigger things like my favorite chunky bracelets in the middle.


I made this for a very "cosmopolitan" friend who spends a lot of time travelling, using some Denyse Schmidt fabrics from JoAnn's.  The plaid has a very Burberry-esque vibe, and I love the final product.

Kaelin's pattern is due to be released in her shop today, so be sure to pick one up!  I think this would be a perfect Christmas gift, maybe with a cute pair of earrings tucked inside?  The entire project took me only 1-1/2 hours to make, and less than a yard of fabric!

Sharing at Sew Modern Monday.


12 comments:

Svetlana said...

wow, that looks so pretty. And you chose such great fabric, just lovely!!!

Isisjem said...

Great choice of fabrics. I have one of these Kaelin made me. Also useful for a little weekender sewing pouch too ;-)

Kristan said...

How pretty! Thank you for the link to the pattern shop, because I was looking for a pattern or tutorial to make one of these soon.

Unknown said...

Hi :) these are super cute... May I ask where the pattern came from. I have borrowed a friends jewelry pouch in this exact design with plans for making it but it would be nice to have a pattern :)
Samantha

Marci Girl said...

Beyond cute and so practical!

Katie B said...

Jeez, I could think of about 15 people on my Christmas gift who would like one of these!

Jennifer said...

This is so cute! I can't wait to get the pattern! I see Christmas gifts in my future...

Jennifer :)

Carla said...

Lovely little giftie!

Kelly said...

So cute. Perfect for Chrissy gifts!

Cathy said...

Cute!

Alia said...

Thanks for sharing, this is a great way to gift jewelry!

Jacey said...

I love your version! I agree; K's pattern is so fun!